Support to CWD
Title of the Project: Inclusive Development for children and Youngsters with Disabilities
Back ground information to the project
The aim of the Project is to determining the causes behind disability and finding out the way of solving it through formation and strengthening Disable Peoples Organization (DPO) under Community Based Rehabilitation and office management. Keeping this view in mind, we would like to enhance social awareness so that the disabled may enjoy their fundamental and legal rights. We are to create a favorable atmosphere in which they may actively take part in social activities.
Palli Unnayan Samiti Baruipur conducted baseline survey for the welfare of person with disability in District of South 24 Parganas. 8% of the people in the district is disabled in various categories. It is definitely much higher in our country. This group of people (The disabled) certainly hampers the progress of our country. It is imperative to make them skilled and trained so that they may actively take part in socio-economic development activities. They are remaining uncared in family due to poverty and lack of educational support & medical treatment, Our interaction with the community reveals that a good number of innocent children in dist. of south 24 pgs Who deserve it.
PUS has started some activities of health and education for disable children nearly 15 years back. We had sent them for operation to correct their leg and hands. After the medical operation, the doctor advised them to continue physiotherapy. The expenses were quiet heavy, so they discontinue the physiotherapy. As a result, the physical condition of the patient was not improved. Again, they use to come to PUS for further help. Through this lesson PUS initiate the programme to support the disable children from most backward community of the district.Â Now PUS is thankful to Jan Vikash Samiti for their kind support for the benefit of physically challenged children from most backward family.
- Providing Educational and Educational support including Physiotherapy &Â CounsellingÂ day care centre to the disableÂ children
- To provide vocational Skill development to the children through various income generation activities.
Project LocationÂ Â Â Â : Blocks: Joynagar 1 & 2, Baruipur, Canning 1 & 2, Mograhat 1, Bishnupur 1Â Â Â Â and Mandirbazar.
Total staffÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â : Project Mediator: 1, Coordinator: 1
BeneficiariesÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â : 122 Disable Children
- 155 Mothers understood the reason and possibilities of being born a baby with disability for the careless of the parents during pregnancy and delivery
- As a result of counseling to the parents of the disable children; they contact with other NGOs like RCFC, Marwari Relief Society, Rotary club and access the orthopedic appliances & other assistance.
- Mothers sensitized about the Government Schemes related to maternal and early childhood care.
- Altogether 150Â Mothers awareÂ about health, hygiene, Immunization, sanitation and safeÂ drinking water during the village level mothers meeting
- 8 children have received wheel chair from West Bengal handicapped welfare society
- 6 children are continuing the Computer course
- 10 target children keep backyard poultry at home.
- 15 target children practise goatry at home for income generation
- 4 SHG have been form under the project
- Academic Result: 6 children have passed Madhyamick (10th), 4 children Pass H S (10+2) and one of themÂ complete teacher training
- IGP grand provided to 2 children for community Tea Stall during last year.